Blogfest ice breaker
The countdown to Blogfest now has that feeling that you get at Christmas when you are down to the last few doors of the advent calendar and the mere mention of Blogfest has me jumping up and down and screaming in the same manner as Buddy the Elf at the thought of Santa. I am hoping to meet loads of lovely bloggers on Saturday – some of whom I have been chatting to on social media and following their blogs for a while. For those of you who don’t know much about me, I thought I would share 10 things you may (or may not) want to know about me if you want to start up a conversation with me at Blogfest.
1. I love Christmas. You may have already guessed this from that first paragraph. My husband says I am obsessed with it, but since having children I am enjoying it even more. I even felt quite starstruck when we took the girls to see Santa last year. Well, he did have a real beard.
2. You know that bit in Return of the Jedi when Princess Leia meets Wicket the Ewok and he is quite shy and defensive but is then won over by a biscuit? That’s me. I can be quite quiet when I am with people I don’t know, but when I am comfortable with people (and biscuits help!) I don’t shut up.
3. I’m a bit of a geek. You probably guessed this too huh? I love Star Wars films – the proper original films and NOT the ones with Jar Jar Binks in.
4. I am way behind on all the TV series that I watch – Agents of Shield, Sleepy Hollow, Modern Family, sometimes even Doctor Who. It’s almost impossible to stay up-to-date with TV and be a mum, wife and blogger. Oh, and do my marking of course! So don’t talk to me about the latest episodes of these as I will be clueless.
5. I’m a teacher – and I have heard all the jokes about finishing the day at 3:30pm and the long holidays. All of them.
6. I love gin. Who doesn’t? I currently have some damson gin on the go – but it won’t be at its bet until Christmas. I’m not hopeful that it will make it til then….
7. I love chocolate – but not when mixed with mint. Mint is for toothpaste not chocolate. That doesn’t mean I won’t eat an After Eight or a mint-flavoured Matchstick, but really? It’s just like eating chocolate after brushing your teeth. Or is it just me that’s done that?
8. I’m a Black Country girl. The Black Country isn’t Birmingham. It isn’t Birmingham. It’s the Black Country. We have a museum. It’s great – you should visit it and have a go on the old fashioned fairground rides and go on a canal. Honestly it’s great. I’m not really doing it justice.
9. I really enjoy granny crafts. Particularly crochet. I used to crochet loads. All my friends who had babies were given hand-made crocheted blankets. Then I had children. And started blogging. This doesn’t stop me from buying wool to crochet with (but shh – don’t tell my husband!)
10. If all topics of conversation fail, there is the good old “who would win in a fight between a shark and a crocodile?” question. This was a suggested question to use when I tried speed dating once (ok, twice (maybe three times)). It would be the crocodile right? Definitely if it was on dry land. But that wouldn’t be a fair fight would it? Would a crocodile be able to cope in seawater? Anyway, definitely something to talk about!
So if you are going to Blogfest please say Hi!, give me your business card and let me know who you think would win in a fight between a shark and a crocodile.